The cover of a book matters to some readers
People say ‘don’t judge a book by the cover‘ but many say it’s the main thing that attracts them – or puts them off. I have written before about my latest novel, DOWN, but have not mentioned that aspect. Some readers like the image on the front but others don’t quite get it. They ask what a broken chain could have to do with the story.
The cover of DOWN has several meanings
- The police have failed to link several crimes.
- Finding the real killer will break the chain that binds the widow of the man wrongly hanged for a double murder several years ago.
- The hero is down because of something in his past which he needs to break away from.
Why is the cover black?
- The crimes uncovered are dark.
- My hero is in a dark place.
- A victim needs to come out of darkness too.
Of course, a successful investigation should bring light in all three ways.
Go beyond the cover!
Why not go further into DOWN? Have a read, online or on paper. On Amazon/Kindle.
Or look at all my books on my website.