Most people of any sort of faith have been praying for the victims of the terrorist outrage in Manchester.
- The wounded
- The bereaved
- The rescuers
- The doctors, nurses, care-givers
- the police and security services
They all need our prayers at this time. And afterwards.
Is there a group I missed?
What about the terrorists? Surely they too are victims. Not only the one who died at the scene. Am I condoning their actions? The very opposite. I find it hard to imagine anyone thinking such an act could serve any god or any human cause.
I want to pray for:
- Anyone who feels otherwise.
- Anyone who was involved in any way.
- Anyone thinking of doing anything similar.
- Anyone who wants to cheer for the terrorists.
Let us pray not only that they never succeed, but that they may change.
- May God open their eyes.
- May they turn away from their path.
- May they find a better way.
They too are victims.